- ½ c. couscous, dry and uncooked
- 1 tbs. shallots or onion, chopped
- ¼ of a pepper, chopped (any color or a mix)
- ½ c. -1 c. of shrimp, uncooked, cleaned and chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ c. lemon juice (fresh or from a bottle)
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
In a medium bowl, combine the uncooked, dry couscous with the shallots, peppers and cleaned shrimp. Add the pinch of salt and pepper, the lemon juice and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Stir thoroughly to combine. Cover and allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.